I'm currently working at Teachable, where I've been full-time since late 2017. I'm on the front-end team, and work mainly on the core product - a CMS for creating courses and course marketing pages, and the experience for students taking courses.
Although I'm on the front-end team, I've been able to work on a variety of things accross the stack, including:
- Implementing both the front and back end for user management within the app
- Implementing a complex user permissions system across the app
- Building a tool for creating and editing course sales pages
- Brainstorming ways to update an outdated product without doing a complete rewrite
- Migrating a single-page app from Angular to React/TypeScript
- Building re-usable front-end components
- Shaping the front-end interview process
- Creating a microservice for compiling custom stylesheets on the fly
- Prototyping ways to implement "themes" across schools
I'm also a mentor on Merit where I coach diverse and under-represented talent in tech to help grow their careers. Book time with me here.